Welcome to 247 Town hall !!
The 247 Townhall
Our mission is to create a platform that provides virtual townhalls for people in different communities and localities participate in their welfare by bringing their public officials closer to them and as a result the government. To help facilitate this mission of bringing people and government together, the following is made possible on the platform with rules to ensure that conversations take place freely, cordially and safely.
- A Personalized Experience
- Bridge the gap that exists between people and their government elected officials
- 247 townhall platform provides an avenue for people to know the officials they have elected in their immediate community thereby fostering a sense of belonging and identification amongst people. With this made possible, the security, welfare and participation of the people in their governance is encouraged.
- Encourage participation and self-expression about what’s important to you in your community
- 247 supports the social inclusion of all and sundry in the society. It makes this possible by ensuring that people could be in touch with their communities no matter their location through the use of Virtual townhalls, where they could be updated on happenings around them. This way harmful conduct and issues are tackled and combated ensuring that our communities are protected, supported and developed.
In order to help us accomplish our mission, we expect that you make some commitments to us. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Use of 247 Townhall
For us to have a safe and inclusive platform, it is important that we commit to a few restrictions that guide us to ensure we are in compliance with the law within our rights in the community. It is for this reason that:
- You must be at least 18 years old or the minimum legal age in your country.
- You must provide accurate information about yourself up to the extent it helps provide data tailored for you.
- You must create only one account for your use. You should not share your account details or grant others access to your account without express permission which would be determined if necessary.
- Your account must not have been previously disabled for violation of law or any of our policies.
- You must not be prohibited from using a platform or software like 247 Townhall under applicable laws in your country or locality.
- Doxxing: You can't post or reveal identifying information about someone else’s private or confidential information without express permission or do anything that violates someone else's rights, including intellectual property rights.
- Violence, abuse and harassment: You will not in any way infringe or violate the rights of another individual on the platform. Threat of violence or it’s promotion against an individual or group of individuals on the grounds of ethnicity, race, gender or sexual orientation, religious affiliation, age, national orientation or any kind will not be tolerated.
- Sensitive Media and Pornography: You can’t post any media that is excessively gory in nature, adult content and media displaying sexual violence or assault.
- Civic Actions: You can’t use 247 townhall platform as an avenue or for the purpose of manipulating, controlling or interfering in elections or other civic processes. This includes posting or sharing content that may suppress participation or mislead people about when, where, or how to participate in a civic process thereby affecting possible outcomes.
- You cannot use the platform in a manner that is unlawful, misleading, derogatory, discriminatory or fraudulent. The platform does not encourage any form of impersonation or representation that would mislead, confuse or deceive individuals or organizations.
- You can’t modify, translate, create derivative works of, or reverse engineer our platform and the services or functionalities.
As much as we are all about providing a safe and open service for a broad community whilst encouraging participation and self-expression, it is also important that the platform is not used in a manner that goes contrary to its nature and mission. It is for this reason that the following are disallowed and discouraged strongly.
- PERMISSIONS AND USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may and can use the information we collect:
- To personalize your experience by displaying (for example) town halls that you’re enabled to access. The data you provide in your profile enables us to do this. We may also collect device information to personalize the content - ads inclusive or features you see when you use our platform on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an ad we showed you on your phone on a different device.
- For communication and correspondence purposes with you, to provide information you may require, provide support and updates if the need should arise.
- To ensure compliance and enforce legal rights.
- Information like your profile picture and name will be displayed alongside comments and posts that you make on the platform. We collect information about how you use our platform, such as the types of content you view or engage with in the townhalls; the features you use; the actions you take with regards to number of posts and comments you make daily; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
- To develop, test and improve our platform, it’s features and our services by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new features.
- SECURITY: In creating an account on 247 Townhall, you accept full responsibility for any activity that occurs while logged into your account. You’re responsible for making sure that you keep your password secure and safe. This you will do by ensuring your password and account details are safe.
- REPORTING ACCOUNTS,POSTS AND COMMENTS: As is expected of online platforms to keep their users safe, it is pertinent to note that all reports of cyber-bullying and abuse will be dealt with effectively. However, it is also our duty as users to be responsible in the manner and way we use the platform i.e in a safe, respectful and appropriate manner. On this note any post, comment or content reported as inappropriate in any way and judged to be so will be flagged and removed and the account responsible will have punitive measures enacted accordingly. This however, does not mean that false reports against a user will be tolerated as that would be regarded as a form of bullying and treated accordingly.
- INDEMNIFICATION: You agree to indemnify 247 Townhall and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and licensors harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, incurred in connection with or arising from any third party allegations, claims, actions, disputes, or demands asserted against any of them as a result of or relating to your content, your use of the platform or any willful misconduct on your part.
- THIRD PARTIES: We may and can work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our platform and the services available on it. We do not sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. The third parties herein range from analytics service providers, advertisers, researchers and academicians, law enforcement or legal requests etc. Rest assured that whatever happens to the details we collect from you or your use of the platform will be protected and won’t be given out without your consent.
The formation, interpretation, and performance of this Agreement and any disputes arising out of it shall be governed by the substantive and procedural laws of Nigeria without regard to its rules on conflicts or choice of law and, to the extent applicable, the laws of Nigeria. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for actions related to the subject matter hereof shall be the courts located in Nigeria, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts. You also waive any right to a jury trial in any proceeding arising out of or related to this agreement.